Boat & Yacht Insurance
Boating can mean a lot of things to a lot of people.
For some, it’s raising a sail on a Sunday afternoon. For others, it’s pulling skiers or ‘tubing’ over the weekend. Still others plan extended stays on beautifully appointed yachts as they cruise the coastline.
Do you need Boat or Yacht Insurance?
How do you determine which type of insurance you need?
Fortunately, insurance carriers are specific in defining the differences between a boat and a yacht in order to properly assess the risks. In most cases, a boat is considered to be a vessel that does not exceed 26’ in length, while a yacht is generally 27’ and longer.
Yachts have greater navigational ranges; therefore they have greater exposure to a wider variety of risks, which is why yacht insurance is more detailed than a boat insurance policy.
Your Hastava Insurance Agent will help you choose the right policy.
What does boat insurance cover?
A boat insurance policy may include:
- Collision Damage
- Property Damage Liability
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Comprehensive coverage: (Compensation if your boat is vandalized, stolen or damaged in an incident other than a collision)
Additional Coverage Options:
- Can include coverage for medical payments, fishing equipment, oil spills, personal property and roadside assistance.
- It may also include damages and injuries from accidents involving uninsured and underinsured boaters.
What does yacht insurance cover?
Available coverage for yachts varies greatly and may include:
- Agreed Value Coverage
- Replacement Cost Loss Settlement
- Liability Protection
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured / Underinsured Boater Coverage
- Oil Pollution Act of 1990 Coverage
- Personal Property and Fishing Equipment Coverage
- Search & Rescue / Emergency Services Coverage
- Towing & Assistance Coverage
- Salvage Coverage
- …And many other types of protection
Ask the professionals at Hastava
Whatever boating looks like to you, count on Hastava Insurance Agency to provide the coverage you need to enjoy the water…without making waves!Schedule a Consultation